Best Lisbon Beach in 2021
Lisbon has many small beaches, from sandy beaches to stone coast. But Praia de Santo Amaro is the only awarded beach in Lisbon with the Blue Flag award. A yearly European recognition for the quality of the environment, safety, and comfort.
A 15-minute car ride from the city center, Santo Amaro de Oeiras beach is an urban-type beach and the largest in Lisbon.
The entire beach has a gentle slope, surrounded by a lovely sidewalk, the Passeio Marítimo de Oeiras, which will provide you with lovely walks along the beach shore.
Protecting the beach from strong currents are two stone-piers, at both ends.
The beach also provides facilities, restaurants, and night lighting. It has toilets, showers, foot washers, walkways for access to the beach, structures for selective deposition of waste, and even beach eco-ashtrays.
It is also well-liked throughout the year for the practice of various water activities.
Top 5 places where to eat:
- Zé Varunca – Mediterranean and Portuguese food – Tripadvisor
- Etc&Tal – Mediterranean cuisine and wine bar – Tripadvisor
- I Love Eat Francesinhas – Portuguese food – Tripadvisor
- A Quinta – Tradicional Portuguese Food – Tripadvisor
- Grelha da Barra – Tradicional Portuguese Barbeque – Tripadvisor
How to get there:
- By train: Get the train in Cais do Sodre Station and leave at Santo Amaro station. From there is a 5 minutes walk. It will take you about 30 minutes in total.
- By taxi or Uber, should you take one from Marques de Pombal square, it will take you 15 minutes and cost you less than 15€.